Fieldscapes v1.4 is now out and available for free download and had some good heavy user testing at Malvern recently with Year 7s from across the county. The main new features in v1.3 and v1.4 are:
- The start of support for NPC characters through an NPC widget. You can now add an NPC avatar as a prop and have it TP from location to location and activate specific animations - eg "sit". Later releases will allow the NPC to glide or walk between locations. We are also close to releasing a "chatbot" widget to hook an NPC up to an external chatbot system so that you can really start to create virtual characters.
- General improvements to the UI when in VR mode - users found that the "virtual iPAD" just got in the way so we're now putting the UI directly into the scene. We'll make steady improvements to the usability of the VR experience in future releases
- Added a new Avatar command to change clothes. This only changes between preset outfits but is good if a character needs to change into special kit for a task - for instance our nursing avatars putting on gloves and aprons (see below)
- Multiple choice questions are now randomised - makes the student think if they repeat the lesson!
- Increased the inventory limit from 3 to 5 in the editor - so you can bring in props from more inventories for your scene
- Increased the word count for multiple-choice panels and default popup panel
Various bug fixes were also made and you can see a full list at http://live.fieldscapesvr.com/Home/Download
v1.4 is already available for PC and Mac. The Android version of v1.4 is just under final testing, and we're also still progressing the iOS version of Fieldscapes through the App Store acceptance process.
Remember: We have an ongoing survey for new Fieldscapes features, please take 2-3 minutes to fill it out at: https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/88YL39B
Post a Comment