We're making great progress with the Fieldscapes Editor now. With the Player/Explorer effectively done the focus is now very much on the Editor and the Infrastructure.
The Fieldscapes Wiki already gives an idea of how the Fieldscapes authoring process will work - and it's very much authoring not programming as it's just form filling with no syntax to worry about! In summary to create a Fieldscapes exercise you:
- Choose a location (we'll provide generic ones as well as models of real world places, and if you've the 3D Unity skills you can contribute your own)
- Choose a prop and then drag it into a location on the landscape (we provide a set of generic markers - info point, image point, quiz etc, as well as topic specific objects, e.g geography field trip, biology field trip etc)
- Click on the prop to set its behaviours - such as:
- Whether its visible at start
- Whether it displays a message/image window, and the content thereof
- Whether it changes the state of another prop (eg making the next point on a route appear)
- Whether it changes the value of a variable (eg count of places visited)
- Whether it stays visible and/or stays active
- Move on to the next prop.
- Save and test, and refine til ready
We'll post more updates as the editor develops, and hopefully put up a video of the editing process in the next couple of weeks.
Post a Comment